April 13, 2010

Kill Counts Commence

First of all, I know what you’re thinking about this title; “man, Floyd Foggytreks doesn’t know how to alliterate properly!” Well you can just take a number… again! I’ll alliterate with whatever sounds and letters I please!

In other news, I’m back! After an extended and unexpected leave of absence I’ve returned to the adventurous world of New Eden in the familiar shoes (space-boots) of Floyd Foggytreks, the relatively un-infamous Gallente capsuleer. With my previous few entries a little dated I thought I’d try and sum up all that I’ve done since the early months of fall, 2009.

First of all, I joined a pirate corp… and then left it after realizing that they wouldn’t show me the ropes as I’d expected. The majority of the members flew big capitol ships and battleships that I simply couldn’t afford (or attempt to fly with my measly skills). I stuck to my trusty Incursus and Vexor but didn’t have much success. We did manage to nab a POS and I contributed with my Hammerhead Is and cheap railguns but I didn’t find the outcome all that exciting or lucrative (I saw none of the 200 million ISK we supposedly made that day).

So despite my enthusiasm to join a pirate corp in lowsec, I realized that I wasn’t ready to take the plunge into the yarr lifestyle. Instead, I trolled through the recruitment forums and chanced upon a group of players living on the edge of lowsec in the Forge region of Caldari space. These guys seemed like a genuinely helpful and friendly corporation so I applied and moved my mission Vexor and my Iteron hauler twenty jumps from my previous residence to my new home in Forge.

At this point I continued to mission and roam the nearby lowsec parts of space but still couldn’t find a sense of self within New Eden. I wanted so badly to pvp and make a name for myself as a fear-inducing pirate but I couldn’t justify moving into lowsec again without making a serious amount of ISK first.

I kept missioning… and I kept accumulating relatively tiny sums of ISK with my Vexor and her drones. After a couple weeks I began to tire of the endless mission grind and decided to take a break from Eve. That break turned into a half-year absence, but now I’m back!

With that incredibly informative and extremely entertaining summary out of the way I can now begin telling the tale of Floyd Foggytreks in earnest once again. With several new Jenny Incursus frigates in my hangar, a shiny new toy to earn me more ISK than I thought possible, and a bad attitude, I leave my hangar in search of action, adventure, and avarice.

Your alliterative hero,
Floyd Foggytreks

No comments: